1. All applications are reviewed by members of the Tuition Assistance committee following the cycle deadline. [The committee consists of the Executive Vice President of the college, SVP of Curriculum Education, SVP of Continuing Education, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, and representatives from the Faculty Association and Staff Council.]
2. Application approval or denial is determined by the Tuition Assistance committee based on the stated program guidelines and the availability of funds.
3. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision via email within four weeks of the application cycle deadline.
4. Award payments are made on a reimbursement basis. (See the Reimbursement section for more information.)
5. Employees are eligible to receive Tuition Assistance three times a year; contingent on meeting all stated requirements.
6. Employees receiving grants and/or scholarships from other sources in an amount greater than or equal to the cost of tuition, or on educational leave with pay, are not eligible to receive Tuition Assistance. (Employees pursuing Associate's or Bachelor's are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
7. In order to receive reimbursement, pre-approved applicants must receive a grade of “C” or better on an undergraduate course, or a grade of “B” or better on a graduate course must be made. For ungraded courses or certifications, the employee must provide documentation clearly indicating successful completion.
8. Recipients who voluntarily separate from employment at Wake Technical Community College within one year of receiving tuition assistance will be expected to refund the Foundation for the amount received during the last one-year period.