1. All applications are reviewed by members of the Tuition Assistance Committee (Executive Vice President, SVP of Curriculum Education, SVP of Continuing Education, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, and representatives from the Faculty Association and Staff Council).
2. Approval is determined by the committee and based on stated program guidelines and availability of funds.
3. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision via email, within four weeks of the application cycle deadline.
4. Award payments are made on a reimbursement basis. (See Reimbursement for more information.)
5. Employees are eligible to receive Tuition Assistance three times a year, contingent on meeting all stated requirements.
6. Employees receiving grants and/or scholarships from other sources in an amount greater than or equal to the cost of tuition, or on educational leave with pay, are not eligible to receive Tuition Assistance. (Employees pursuing associate's or bachelor's degrees are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
7. To receive reimbursement, pre-approved applicants must earn a grade of “C” or better on an undergraduate course of “B” or better on a graduate course. For courses in which grades are not given, applicants must provide documentation of successful completion.
8. Recipients who voluntarily separate from employment at Wake Technical Community College within one year of receiving tuition assistance will be expected to refund the Foundation for the amount received during the last one-year period.